Old October 24th 03, 09:56 PM
C.O.Jones

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:14:09 +0200, David Off
wrote:

I've nothing against people wanting to set up their own ng but
rec.skiing.resorts.europe pratically is a discussion group for UK skiers.

ditto or rather AOL

It strikes me as being a bit of a waste of effort in trying to set up
a uk. hierarchy skiing newsgroup.

rsre has established itself as a viable ng with a good cross section
of english language posters both from within the UK and, most
importantly, from english speakers (writers?) from across Europe.

I feel that the English skier gains much from the input of the
European based posters such as David Off, Ace, Funkraum , Simon
Brown, Marco Cattaneo to name but a few of the names that have stuck
in my mind. I suspect that they wouldn't necessarily post to a uk.
group which would mean that I would continue to look to rsre for
authorative postings (a relative term... :-)) on the ski resorts that
I'm most likely to visit.

ernest