Old February 12th 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Excess

Default Les Arcs

On Feb 11, 7:24*pm, wrote:
On 8 Feb, 18:06, Pip Luscher wrote:

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 16:32:23 +0100, Ace wrote:
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 14:50:02 +0000, Pip Luscher
wrote:

In a similar vein, I'm just back from Flaine (finally switched off the
car engine at about 1AM this morning) and was a bit shocked at the
parking charges there - there is a free car park but it's deep in the
bottom of the resort and I was up in Foret, and I was warned that they
can be a bit tardy in clearing the snow. I'd simply assumed that
parking would be free, as it is (err, or was a couple of years ago) in
Mottaret and Alpe d'Huez.

Well you could have asked, you know.

It simply didn't cross my mind because the two other places I've been
were free.

--
-Pip

Just like mentioned above I am surprised that the parking in Arc 1800
is not free. *The last time I went to Arc 1800 (2 years ago) all the
out side parking was free. *We even managed to park on the road
outside our apartment. *As I understand it from above there are
barriers at the entrance to Arc 1800 and there you take a ticket and
pay for the hours on your way out. *How does this work if you have pre-
paid for covered parking? *Can you just turn up and use covered
parking? *On one web site there was a suggestion of a free car park
just outside the barriers. *Is this true? *Or are there alternative
places to park which are free?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Brian- Hide quoted text -

No escaping other than parking quite at a distance as far as I could
see other that parking at 1600 or further down. Did not see any free
parking before the barriers or it was just a handful of spaces if
there was. Obviously if you are pre-paying for underground parking at
one of the residences like Les Alpages de Chantel you won't have to
pay twice.

XS
Peak Retreats http://www.peakretreats.co.uk
Ski Collection http://www.skicollection.co.uk