Old February 15th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
lal_truckee

Default USSA Beijing-style crackdown

Mike wrote:
... all aimed at Bode ...

Actually all aimed at idiot sponsors who're afraid their idiot customers
might take offense at someone actually having fun.

Three points:
()Was this "repression" the last significant idiocy of the Bushkultura?
()As near as I can tell, Bode was the ONLY participant in the Winter
Olympics who understood what it was all about - a gathering of
international athletes to promote harmony and understanding, competition
secondary. He was right - it's about the party, not the races. Go read
some of the founding documents of the Olympic movement.
()You don't have to be part of a team to compete in WC races - Bode
should have blown the USSA off and competed on his own; I bet he would
have made far more money off the Europeans than he pulls down now.