Old December 6th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

Default Engelberg conditions

Ace wrote:
Prompted by Matts' post about Tignes I thought I'd share my
experiences in Engelberg over the last week or three. Skiing has been
great, with the whole of the Titlis/Trubsee/Jochpass area open last
Sunday. Prior to that, all but the JochPass lifts and pistes had been
open.

We skiied both of the last two Sundays and enjoyed some great
conditions. Last week there were even some pockets of powder in
places, although from blown, rather that fresh snow. Pistes were all
execellent, bar the last part of the run home, which was pretty worn
by Sunday towards the bottom (at 1000m). The previous weekend it had
been in great shape, though, although the higher runs were somewhat
icy out of the sun.

And now, a load more snow has fallen in the last few days, with very
high winds at times, so a few of the runs are closed today but should
all be open again for the weekend.

So a great start to the season, with a good metre or more of snow
above ~1500m and 30-40cm of fresh stuff so far this week. We'll be
down there again this weekend (just bought a flat there) and if
anyone's interested I can add more detail then.

Tell me more about Engelkburg please ? - might be going there in a
couple of months...

TIA