Old November 5th 04, 03:08 PM
Jeff Potter

As regards what's wrong with the old Miyata, well I love it but it's
just tattered, literally. You can't read the decals anymore and they
don't make restoration ones. And actually the bike is pretty much
small for me at 58cm. I might buy another if it was 60-62cm.

As regards me looking almost normal: heck 3 weeks of having colds
makes me look pretty scary and pasty in some of those pics, I think.
No modeling future there!

As regards RBR not getting me...some do, some don't. That was just
Henry doing the ONE thing he does. Some a the kids over there think
it's fun. It can be funny sometimes. Think of guys in a dirty pack on
a windy day, snot flowing, yelling and giving each other shi...I mean
crap. It's potty-talk all the time in the first grade and in bike
racing. There are some nice, funny, smart guys over there
occasionally. Some old pros like Carl Sundquist. Cartoonist Patrick
OGrady. George Mount posted GREAT CLASSIC posts there a couple times.
I just got some helpful info there from an Italian about the new/old
Atala. Henry is about the only big problem and he's predictable.

I have to repeat what I think is the best all-time thread at RBR. Some
guys were arguing an eternal and common argument about whether Lemond
was a bum for bridging up to Boyer at the end of the 1982 World's.
Then suddenly up pops a post out of the blue from George Mount of all
people (his first post at RBR basically) that says something like:
"Hey guys, I was in the pack that day when Greg made his move and no
one had any agreements and Jock was doomed so Greg took off. So enough
of this lame talk." Then there was silence. Then came a post that said
"Well, that kind of takes the fun out of that." THAT was just the
best!

Here's the link: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...om%26rnum%3D19

[ ]
Mike

P.S. How goes VOMIT?
http://www.nordicskiracer.com/Training/2005/VOMIT.asp

I had a cold for 3 weeks, then was training medium for 2 weeks, now
I've had another cold for the past week. Rats! VOMIT sucks, man! No, I
look forward to getting back into it. It's those snotty kids who keep
finding their way back to the house.

And I'm still in midst of several simultaneous insane deadlines.

--JP