Old November 5th 04, 12:02 AM
Jay Tegeder

(Jeff Potter) wrote in message . com...
Yeah, my birthday was last week and the craziest of things happened. A
very weird celestial convergence.

First, I decided that my tattered 20yearold Pro Miyata was
embarrassing even for me and that to give retro a good name I had to
ride a spiffy retro bike so I started looking for one and asking
around.

http://outyourbackdoor.com/articles2004/jeff.bikes.html.

Jeff, what's the deal? You actually look normal... Nah, just
kidding... Hey, I like the new retro bikes. I think you have a future
as a bike collector. I've got a '92 Paramount and a 2000 (Reynolds
853) Schwinn Peloton frame that I had built up with Ultegra triple
components. I sold that stuff since I'm not a big triple fan. I'm
building it back up with black Shimano 105. It will look pretty cool
since the frame is pearl yellow. Also, I went to the Veloswap in
Chicago last weekend. I picked up a 1998 Schwinn Paramount (Tim Isaac,
Match Cycles Reynolds 853) frame. Tim Isaac made some of the nicest
Paramounts ever. Ben Serrota built Paramounts out of Titanium for a
few years. Those are fantastic too as are the ones made by
Waterford... I was going to sell the '98 Isaac frame on eBay. It's a
size 54cm which is too small for me. However, I can't do it... They
don't make Paramounts anymore. I'll build it up with Shimano Ultegra.

Anyway, stay off rec.bicycles. Those guys are mean! Besides, they
don't get you over there. We understand you............

Jay Tegeder
"On the podium if the right people don't show up!" JT