Old November 4th 04, 06:44 AM
Wile E. Coyote

Hey, what's wrong with the Miyata? I bought that same frame earlier this
year from Lou Deeter, on R.B.M., to build up as a sweet "retro" ride.
Miyata, with that frame at least, did a fantastic job of combining Italian
style (cut-outs in the lugs, BB shell, etc.) with high-quality Japanese
workmanship. Haven't gotten around to building it yet - another winter
project.

Enjoy your new bikes, Jeff. Happy Birthday!

-JJ

"Jeff Potter" wrote in message
om...
Yeah, my birthday was last week and the craziest of things happened. A
very weird celestial convergence.

First, I decided that my tattered 20yearold Pro Miyata was
embarrassing even for me and that to give retro a good name I had to
ride a spiffy retro bike so I started looking for one and asking
around.

Sure enough I ran into a web-friend who had a mint 1985 Atala Pro he'd
let me have very cheap. I said Let's do it!

The next day another friend said Hey did you see the clean red 1992
Bridgestone RB1 with STI on ebay? Oh no! That would be a really nice
relaxed road machine. I checked it out and finally won it for way
cheap.

So on my birthday 2 new roadbikes arrived in the UPS! FREAK OUT!

I haven't had a new roadbike in 20 years!

And both for the total price of a set of aero wheels.

Man, these are sweet! So clean! No dirt or grease! Like new! What
classy retro lugged steel styling!

And the Atala came with a brand new team racing outfit!

OK, if you don't believe me: here's a link to a webpage displaying all
our main family bikes:
http://outyourbackdoor.com/articles2004/jeff.bikes.html.

Now what to do? Well, I'll ride em now thru spring and if I don't like
one, I'll sell it. They both might need a little dialing in stem-wise.
Who knows. The club dudes won't know what to think. (Where's that fast
homeless guy?) I'm bike rich!

I might have to get another jersey now for the red one. And maybe new
shoes and helmet to replace my tattered 15yearold ones...

Yeehaw!

--JP