Old April 14th 04, 07:04 AM
Walter Wright

Default Distance of the 3 Vallees Route

"pete devlin" wrote in message

Not in response to you (sorry) but sometime back in this thread someone
mentioned a website with maps of ski resorts for GPSs. Does it exist
yet?

I posted here earlier, but I don't recall mention of any website. At some
point I may make some of my ski maps available like that.I haven't seen
anyone else announce anything.

Is there data for Espace Killy?

I don't have any data for there. I *do* have reasonable piste maps for
Cour1650/1850, La Rosiere/La Thuile and less detailed maps of Meribel/Les
Menuires/Val Thorens.

If not I'll have a go at the end of the season. Who might be interested

in a GPS piste (well mostly off) map
of Val?

It might be useful, even if only for the lifts. I'm trying to keep my maps
fairly simple - just lifts, pistes and important waypoints like First Aid
and restaurants :~) If you intend to spend a lot of time off piste, I'd
probably filter that out rather than trying to work out what's on vs. off
the pistes.

Enjoy your skiing, regardless

Walter

** Its all downhill from here **