Old January 17th 05, 06:28 PM
Waco Paco

Matthew Hennig wrote:

Waco Paco wrote in
:

Matthew Hennig wrote:

Waco Paco wrote in
:

Matthew Hennig wrote:

snip

Look at the facts here. Snowboarders are more likely to be involved
with drugs than the average person. Snowboarders are also more
likely to be involved in vandalism. If you don't recognize the
problem, then take your blinders off. And then the fact that I
can't enjoy the slopes in peace because the snow boarders start
blaring their "X-treme" music, its just wrong. I think JR raised
some valid points here and trying to ignore them like you are trying
to do won't make them go away.

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.

Your self righteousness makes me wanna puke. Trying to pass off as
superior isn't going to solve any problem. Maybe you should try being
constructive as oppose to being destructive. Why don't you offer your
ideas on where these problems stem from. Wait, you already did. You
loosely pinned it on snowboarders.

Let me make some similar accusations. Skiers are all pricks, they
don't do drugs but like to drink irresponsibly, especially apres ski.
All skiers are self righteous. Skiers like to point all problems at
snowboarders. Skiers can't handle powder.

WOW, that was easy!! I never thought that it was so easy just making
generalizations that may or may not hold up to even half of all
skiers! I think I will use this approach more often to argue my
points. (I hope you understand that this whole paragraph was
sarcastic).

JR did bring up some valid points that there are assholes on the
hill, but to pin it on snowboarders is low, below the belt low. Like
you said, trying to ignore the facts won't make these problems go
away, BUT trying to pass the blame on some other group won't either.

Well, stu, until I see differently from all the snowboarders that
come to town, these generalizations are pretty much dead on. You ask
for some constructive advice, well here's my advice Paco.
Snowboarders need to stop using drugs. Period. Back in my day, I
didn't need drugs to give me a lift, I got that by having clean fun.
You notice skiiers and other mountain enthusaists don't feel the need
to use drugs like snowboarders do. And you're right that skiiers
can't handle powder. That's because skiiers aren't into drugs. They
don't WANT powder.

JR had valid points because if you look at it scientifically, the
majority of the assholes are snowboarders. Look at the facts.

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.

MH, its always easier to pin it on one thing isn't it. Like Terrorism,
its Saddam Hussein. Like air pollution, its big nasty factories. You
see, there are more to problems than just one cause. Most of the time
there are many causes. By the way, I'd like to know what drug use
contributes to the problems on the hill? Are snowboarders high as a
kite
while they snowboard? or are drugs making them violent and
inconsiderate?

Plus are you sure that skiers don't want powder? can you speak for all
of them? (tell you the truth, untouched powder is the purest form of
skiing or snowboarding because it is all natural)

Drug use is a big problem with these snowboarders. The drugs effect them
different ways. Some of them have problems on the hill, some of them
become violent, especially against the other mountain enthusiasts.

And yes, skiiers don't want any of that cocaine or heroin powder. Are
you admitting on here that you like the powder?

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.

MH, in which medical journal did you read drug use contributes to
snowboarder violence?

Also since you're in Denver, you must be high all the time! I bet you
sniff coke better than a hoover. It's so easy to take a few words out of
context and use it as an insult isn't it?

And yes I do love powder.