Old March 9th 09, 12:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Switters

Default Italy recommendations

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:04:41 GMT, Ace allegedly
wrote:

You might try Gressonay, lift-linked with Champoluc and Alagna. Great
off-piste[1] without having to hike too much, and a reasonable amount
of cruisy stuff, although it's not huge. Nice hotel (Jolanda Sport) at
base of lift with decent food and a very reasonably-priced wine list.

Many thanks to Ace and others for information on the Monte Rosa area. Mrs
and I had a fab time, which admittedly was aided slightly by lots of fresh
snow, and the 50cm+ we got on Thursday. It's been a while since I've got
4/6 powder days all off the lifts.

Good food, good wine, good variety of runs and off-piste. It ticked all
the boxes[1] and I'd be tempted to go back, depending on the snow
forecast.

[1] Although the crowds[2] at the weekend are indeed big.
[2] Mostly Italian obviously[3]
[3] Whose dress sense appears to be polarised into incredibly chic or
hideously gaudy.