Old October 28th 10, 07:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

Default Mammoth opening Nov. 11

On 27/10/2010 14:48, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,
Richard wrote:

On Oct 26, 12:19 pm, wrote:

It is a great mountain for terrain, and acreage. It also has high
winds, Sierra snow quality, (Marine influence storms) and a huge amount
of skiers from Southern California. I think Tokyo is less crowded on a
workday than Mammoth is on Presidents Day Weekend. Never ever go on
weekends.

The longest lift line that I have ever been in by far was at Canyon
Lodge after Lunch, a mistake I won't make again.

Overall, it is a great place to ski. The key is to avoid the weekends
and the crowds.

If one wants to re-create one of the "Road Warrior" chase scenes, drive
North on US 395 on Friday Night, it is pretty crazy. It is the "Road
Warrior" and a night, so it was double the fright.

I wouldn't hesitate in going back... Hopefully, I will be there this
season.

That's why I try to go the other way.

Uphill?

Uphill gardening ?