Old October 27th 10, 12:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

Default Mammoth opening Nov. 11

In article
,
Richard Henry wrote:

On Oct 26, 12:19*pm, comadrejo wrote:

* * It is a great mountain for terrain, and acreage. *It also has high
winds, Sierra snow quality, (Marine influence storms) and a huge amount
of skiers from Southern California. *I think Tokyo is less crowded on a
workday than Mammoth is on Presidents Day Weekend. *Never ever go on *
weekends.

* *The longest lift line that I have ever been in by far was at Canyon
Lodge after Lunch, a mistake I won't make again.

Overall, it is a great place to ski. The key is to avoid the weekends
and the crowds.

If one wants to re-create one of the "Road Warrior" chase scenes, drive
North on US 395 on Friday Night, it is pretty crazy. *It is the "Road
Warrior" and a night, so it was double the fright.

* I wouldn't hesitate in going back... *Hopefully, I will be there this
season.

That's why I try to go the other way.

Uphill?