Old December 17th 03, 06:41 PM
Ken Roberts

Default what I got from the New Skate

So point me at one video of World Cup skier in an actual race doing V1 up a
hill who is not violating the "absolutely no shoulder rotation or shoulder
tilt" in the New Skate articles? (and preferably one that's less than 10 MB
download).

Chris Cline wrote
If you watch WC videos, you will see a lot of powerful
poling, but not a lot of upper body movement in terms of
direction or level changing (weaving & bobbing).

I mostly agree with you about V2, but I'm not seeing the evidence of quiet
upper body for V1 (offset, paddle dance) in World Cup races. Looks to me
like the World Cup racers these days tend to have bit less upper body motion
than in the mid-1990's, but the shoulder rotation and tilt are still clearly
there, notably in the Carl Swenson video clip on JanneG's website.

Ken