Old February 9th 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Snowboard bag - leave bindings attached?

On Feb 8, 10:22 pm, "Mike M. Miskulin" wrote:
"James Varty" wrote innews
I'm going over to France for a week on Sunday, flying over with a

I unscrew the bindings just incase the bag takes a real bash.
Beyond that, I usually stuff gloves or other soft stuff at the
tip and tail. A sheet of bubble wrap goes under the base. I use
plastic butter tubs for binding parts and other small items (like
batteries for walkietalkies). Put stuff inside your boots too.

As to using your clothes... I've recently stopped dowing this
after reading a heads up from someone who's bag was lost. One
can always rent a board but who wants to go buy new pants, etc?
Now I'll use a couple sweat shirts or a towel for a little extra
padding and if they are missing for a few days I can still go out
without buying all new clothes!

Remember.. take the batteries out of anything you pack or the
security people tend to freak out - especially in the UK.

I leave the bindings on and put stuff like pants, helmet, gloves, in
the bag, arranging so the softer stuff provides some cushion. I've
only taken bindings off if I'm packing a 2nd board. I think the
suggestion of using some foam pipe insulation that you can get for $2
at HD on the edges sounds like a good idea.