Old February 1st 15, 07:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

Default You Can't Make it Up

On 2015-02-01 19:40:20 +0000, said:

On Sun, 1 Feb 2015 10:07:11 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

On Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 5:08:39 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 14:25:49 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

Atmospheric Nitrogen (N2) is pretty much transparent to IR.

Bzzt! Wrong answer. It's not. Show me where you got this
information. I'm willing to check this out. BTW, N2 is 70% of the
stuff you breathe and CO2 is 400ppm. For those of you who don't like
to do the math, you hire math majors like me to do it for you. N2 is
700,000ppm while CO2 is 400 ppm. Which one is worse?

Nitrous Oxide, on the other hand, is more powerful a greenhouse gas
than CO2, and also reduces atmospheric ozone.

I already know this. This is correct by my scientific checking.

The only place I have found any claim about atmospheric nitrogen
being a greenhouse gas is in your post. You are a scientific pioneer.

I posted a link to spectrometry results. You can clearly see the dark
line in the IR range. It's not my fault if you didn't click on it or
can't read the chart.

You posted no such link that I can see.

Give me a link to the post...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.skiing.alpine/FkxWdXbjrUU