Old December 13th 12, 06:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PipL

Default Have skis got longer again?

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:48:55 +0000, (The Older
Gentleman) wrote:

Paul S news_AT_ghweb_DOT_me_DOT_uk wrote:

So rule of thumb when I learnt to ski was the type should reach your nose -
what do you reckon it should be now - shoulder?

When I learned, you put your arm straight up, and crooked your hand over
so it was parallel to the ground, and the tip of the ski was supposed to
nestle in the palm of your hand when the end was on the ground.

We've certainly moved on from leather boots and hickory skis.
--

Pip