Old October 19th 10, 05:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

Default Early Season

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 19:10:30 -0400, VtSkier
wrote:

RW

I will do that, have only skied Okemo, nothing else in the East

Slow-kemo, eh? I'd like a casual visitor's opinion.
Can you share?

I have been to Okemo 3 or 4 times, cant really remember, and its
usually with friends in NY who somehow have scooped $25 lift tickets.
The Good: A few nice DD trails, decent snow conditions, good/friendly
staff. The Bad: Jackson Gore, not overly impressed with the hill, the
hotel/condo seemed "soulless" if you know what I mean, and the
food/snacks were not very good at all to the best runs.The Ugly: We
have always stayed slope side in Winterplace, some of the most poorly
constructed ski accommodations I have had the pleasure to enjoy.
Orientation - seemed to be forever reviewing the map to see where we
were in relation to getting to the best runs.