Old December 3rd 04, 01:26 PM
BarryT

"Chris Pella" wrote in message
om...
They will have trails at Mercier this weekend. Perhaps only 10 km or
so because there is still some running water in lower sections. I had
reserved a cabin and they called me at work this morning to apprise me
of the situation. Foret Montmorency is close by and they have tracks
because there was a race there last week and a Noram race coming up -
they have a snow gun, as the Sepaq gentleman explained to me this
morning.
Chris in Ottawa

Montmorency opened on Nov 12 or 13, on natural snow. I guess the groomed
Mercier trails will be the ones around "Lac à Noël". If you find the choice
rather limited, check out Mont Ste-Anne. Not exactly next door, but they
claim getting 25 cm last Wednesday. At that the same time, if you come
across a young guy named Alex Harvey, watch him ski. This kid is truly
gifted and will one day be a bigger name in x-c skiing than was his father
Pierre.

BarryT