Old December 2nd 04, 07:58 PM
Chris Pella

"BarryT" wrote in message m...
"Oleg Konovalov" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am thinking of going for some XC skiing
(...) a week before Christmas

The trails are not open yet, but they do have a one foot base already:
http://www.sepaq.com/En/Pages/CDN/De...ablissement=11

BarryT
(with only half an inch of snow in his own backyard)

They will have trails at Mercier this weekend. Perhaps only 10 km or
so because there is still some running water in lower sections. I had
reserved a cabin and they called me at work this morning to apprise me
of the situation. Foret Montmorency is close by and they have tracks
because there was a race there last week and a Noram race coming up -
they have a snow gun, as the Sepaq gentleman explained to me this
morning. Gatineau Park is open for business so I plan my inaugural ski
tonight.

Chris in Ottawa