Old August 6th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mike Treseler

Default Whistler Peak to Peak Gondola

Walt wrote:
Mike Treseler wrote:
Why would I spend time on a gondola that
gains no elevation.

As it is now, you have
to download to the base and then take a gondola up to the *bottom* of
the skiable terrain, spending time on *two* gondolas that gain no
elevation. The new thing might save some time.
That said, it still seems like a waste of lift capacity.

It's a marketing thing, not a skiing thing.
I ski top 1 on day 1 and top 2 on day 2.
There's plenty of places to go, and the
weather is too variable to schedule a
one-day trip anyway.

My wife went to the dump and watched eagles and bears while I skied.

My wife signed for a snowshoe outing
and had a great time.

She's more eager to go back than I am.

I hear you.
I think I've had about enough of those winter-disney crowds.

-- Mike Treseler