Old February 29th 04, 08:38 PM
PG

Default Ski waxing question No.2

"Simon Brown" wrote in message
| My only comment is that it's a heck of a lot easier to let a shop do
it as
| they'll have the experience and they will also sharpen the sides of
the skis
| as well.
|
| They will also check the bindings which is very important.

Easier, true, but apart from it being cheaper to get your own equipment,
it's a useful skill to acquire and I just reckon my skis are better
looked after that way. I feel pretty much the same way about the
bindings. In the Vietnamese opp the Bourg St Maurice station today there
was a lost-looking English bloke with a young kid in tow, leg in
plaster. They were in Val for the season, but early in Jan the lad had
taken a nasty fall, ending up with a bad fracture just below the knee.
The weight adjustment was fine, but not the toe/heel setting which was
too tight. Binding didn't release, lever effect, and "crack".... at 5
years old too, kids that age with their pliable bones usually get away
with it.

So as you say, ensuring the bindings are set correctly is crucial.

Pete