Old September 19th 05, 01:45 AM
Edgar

If your ski base is so far gone that the mechanical grip pattern is
gone, it is time to treat yourself to new skis. I would imagine that
skis that have been so badly beaten to wear off the pattern are
probably also suffering degredation of their structural cores. Do you
ski across plowed parking lots?

Edgar

gr wrote:
Micheal Artindale wrote:
"Leland" wrote in message
ups.com...

Micheal, is your question being misinterpreted? Are your skis useless
because you need glide wax, or do the fish scales no longer grip, owing
to wear. If it is the latter, your problem has not been addressed. I
would like to hear the answer too.

Leland

The fish scales are too smooth due to wear to grip anymore. I have great
glide, no grip.

And the solution, besides replacing is......

Thanks,

Micheal

Only thing I can think of is rather drastic; Moto-tool/mini-grinder use
to cut some new grip surface at the back end of the fish scales. The
tricky part is to not cut too deep, so some sort of guide/holder is needed.
I had a pair like these and kind of liked them for most snow conditions
(quieter and better glide)
gr