Old July 11th 03, 06:39 PM
Serge

Default Foot stress while roller skiing

Well, Gary, you are right as a skier, of course.

But custom made speedskates molded to your feet are, in essence,
carbon orthoics. You do not want to use orthoics in these $1000 boots,
it robbs the power and make you higher of the ground - baaad idea.

And you need to shift the frame left and right as your technique
changes and road condition and wether you skate indoor or outdoor too.
Did I make myself clear?

Skis are different and I would use orthoics in ski boots myself too.

Rollerskiing is somewhere between roller skating and skiing and I find
skiing boots clumsy, inefficient and too soft but we have to use them
because that is what Rollerski Federation (and ski makers) indorse for
competition.

By the way ski boots are designed to have natural "tilt" in them to
compensate pronation making wedges unnecessary for average person. But
some people pronate more, those who can't edge the ski no matter what.