Old January 15th 04, 01:06 AM
pigo

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in message

(snip)
* "painfully numb" means that the toe aches, but the toe itself can't
feel its surroundings; the big and middle toe feel its cold skin, but it
doesn't reciprocate. When I remove the boot, I get a prolonged ache
that makes me want to scream, presumably due to blood flowing back into
the region. So *something* is causing this pressure. I've taken to
leaving the lowest buckle undone (doesn't seem to change my degree of
control) and have the second buckle on its loosest setting. The upper
two buckles are as loose as I can set them while still feeling like I'm
in the driver's seat. This isn't due to cold; it's been pretty warm on
our ski days. It's also not isolated to skiing; I've noticed a similar
numbing effect while mountain biking. So I'm guessing the problem is
actually the constant pressure from the soles. Except that riding lifts
with no foot-bars seems to hasten the process, so that would implicate
pressure from the top. *sigh*

Is your boot folding your foot? You might need to lower your foot to a wider
part of the boot by grinding the footbed. Or expand the shell right there.
But I learned that from SureFoot (RightFit actually) so they'll be on that
for you.

My old boots didn't have the Ooomph for the more aggressive me. They're fine
now. Very comfy.

Anybody in need of a pair of 9/12 Rossi Course - CHEAP!

pigo