Old February 10th 06, 08:58 AM

cupra wrote:
BrritSki wrote:

Norman wrote:

"Ace" wrote in message

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 11:38:42 GMT, "Norman"
wrote:

(snip)

Speeds of up to 100mph are recorded on some of the faster Downhill
events on the World Cup circuit, so I'd suspect that your readout
was correct and that your friend was misinformed.

Excellent. I'll forward this to him in that case.

I would agree with Ace. My push-bike has a fairly accurate (I think)
speedometer and I occasionally hit 30mph on it down a steep hill.

That seems fast on a bike, but if you imagine you're skiing rather
than cycling and look around at how fast things go by, wind feel on
your face, where you could turn etc., it seems very slow - I'm sure
I've hit at least double that speed on skis.

Kind of explains why it's so painful when you fall

Haven't fallen at high speed for quite a while now thankfully, which
considering how much time I spend at high speed is quite surprising