Old December 9th 03, 03:18 AM
Jeff Potter

Default Rats...errors with Janne's video files...help?

I downloaded the last video in a series from a couple weeks ago and I
did the same tonight for the Toblach grand finale with Kris and Carl.
And both times at the halfway point of the last video, as I'm playing
it with Real One I get a darn error message and everything stops and I
miss out!

Subsequent attempts to download the clip afresh somehow only restart
my existing clip promptly even though I try to throw away the old clip
(I look for everything with the same name on the machine and trash it
but it still seems to come back to life WAY too quick--it's like it's
not really trashed).

Anyway the error message is: "Unknown format: bad data in avi source
file."

Anyone know what it means or how to fix it? Maybe the glitch relates
to the fact that I start playing the clip before it gets done
downloading. ?? These are great clips but RATS! Thanks for any miracle
cure, JP

PS: From what I saw so far, the V2 technique is darn purty. They sure
do bring their legs straight under their hips and ride it like a speed
skate. I also noticed a nifty section where a guy was tilted way
forward and definitely PULLING on his poles---they were out in front
of his face and he pulled them towards his face. Man, I hope all my
work this summer and fall with V2 pays off somehow this winter. It's
starting to feel pretty good; it feels like it might be breaking thru.
Then...watch out! Well, it's nice to think so anyway. Right, Mike?
Oh and I noticed I seem to have lost a good few pounds after my two
big workouts before catching my latest cold and haven't gained any
back. Onward!