Old December 6th 10, 04:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Default Trip report - Snow Summit - 12/2/10

The Real Bev wrote:
On 12/05/10 20:11, Richard Henry wrote:

On Dec 5, 7:51 pm, The Real wrote:
On 12/05/10 19:27, Richard Henry wrote:
On Dec 5, 1:32 pm, wrote:
wrote this crap:

Coffee and junk food from home. I bought a couple of Advil
for a buck when I broke my ribs there, and I bought a candy
bar once when I forgot to bring my lunch. Resort food just
isn't worth it. You've never been the Stein Eriksen Lodge, have you?

Nope. I don't do buildings. Or be buildings. I'm more of a
person-type person.

That was my opinion of Deer Valley food: expensive like other
reosrts, but actually worth it.

Expensive food is only worth it when you can put it on your expense
account. In N Out food, au contraire, is ALWAYS worth it!

It's raining now. WOOHOO!

My ski backpack usually includes a sandwich, chocolates, cheese and
crackers. What else does man need?

It's maybe 200 feet from the ticket windows to my car. Easier to walk
than carry stuff in a backpack. OTOH, my skis are really heavy and I
don't feel comfy leaving them. AND the walk to and from the car may
have contributed to my early tiredness. Maybe I will dig out a small
backpack. And put a neckstrap on the little Canon A400, which seems
to do whatever is needed and was $5 at a yardsale.

I carry a cable lock for the skis or board, and the pack for lunch. Stevens Pass
is still good enough to provide a microwave and hot water, so lunch is usually
quite good.