Old December 18th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Eric N.

Default Strap on bindings?

On Dec 18, 7:34 am, "KENT" wrote:
I was just thinking that I don't want strap-on bindings. What I need is a
strap-on boot bottom that I can put on my insulated work boots ( they are
comfortable ) that will attach to Rottofella nnn bindings. Hope this makes
sense.
Bill

Bill,

I'm not sure that what you're looking for exists......There are some
options out there for you:

1. Find a boot that is comfortable--everyone's feet are a little
different, and not all manufacturer's boots
will fit on all feet the same way.

2. Both Karhu and Rossignol make NNN compatible Back Country boots.
Check with your ski shop and see what
they stock that you can try on.

3. Both Karhu and Rossignol also make a boot compatible with the 75mm
(3 pin) binding system. A 75mm boot will have
more of a shoe like feeling and a flatter sole (kind of like your work
boots). 75mm bindings are still available (Rotafella), you may have
to special order
them however.

Hope this helps,

Eric