Old January 19th 19, 05:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default motion sickness

On 01/19/2019 09:54 AM, Harvard Horvath wrote:
[Default] On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 09:37:28 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

On 01/18/2019 04:38 PM, Harvard Horvath wrote:

I already know the causes of motion sickness, and the cures. I've
experienced many types of motion sickness, to include seasickness, air
sickness, car sickness, and the type that you get on certain rides at
amusement parks. I'm looking for people who have experienced other
types of motion sickness. For example, do you get vertigo or
dizziness while skiing or riding the lifts or tram? Or do you know
someone who does?

No, but I do know the frustration of having a non-standard problem for
which there is thought to be A Standard Solution.

How about this -- your eardrum is more sensitive than most to changes in
altitude and this somehow affects your inner ear mechanisms?

It's not always true that the inner ear causes motion sickness. Space
sickness occurs in a zero gravity enviroment. Many times it's caused
by the eyes. This was explained in class. They showed us pictures of
famous people upside down and they were unrecognizable. Ever tried to
read a paper upside down? It's nearly impossible. I've even heard of
people who get motion sickness sitting on their couch playing video
games.

I took FauxPro video of my last skiing trip. The thing is set at wide
angle and is mounted on a chest strap. Watching it full-screen makes
me feel dizzy. I assume this is the seasickness thing caused by the
difference between what your ears feel and your eyes see.

I'm glad I bought a cheap one. The result is fine technically but sucks
artistically. It claims to be phone-controllable, but whenever I try to
link them up the android app crashes. I need to phone Wasp, but I dread
talking to helpdroids. One of these days.

--
Cheers, Bev
Politicians are stupid like cats are stupid.