Old January 29th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Dave M-K

Default white area on black base

Could be kick wax creeping into the glide zone. I have a pair of Madshus
that are on the soft side and this happens quite often with them. late kick
is also a factor. I think it's been discussed here before, do a search in
google.

DMK

"32 degrees" wrote in message
so i have a pair of RCS classic fischers that are 2 years old. Whenever i
ski on them (after a fresh waxing mind you) i get an area of "white"
developing just behind my kick zone. Obviously, it seems that this area
is losing its wax and "drying out." ??

I have waxed them religiously, stored them with summer wax on, etc etc but
as soon as i ski on them after waxing the white reappears. Just the other
day they were freshly waxed then skied on for about an hour - boom, white
area.

Do these skis need to be stoneground so they'll accept wax in this area
better? Do i need to saturate the base with ridiculous amounts of
heating/cooling cycles? I have owned 10+ pair of Fischers and if memory
serves me right it did happen with one pair of skating skis a while back
too .... but no others.

any advice?

JKal.