Old December 29th 10, 01:15 AM
Ed Miller Ed Miller is offline
Junior Member

Location: Hailey, Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff potter View Post
I tried the tape last winter and liked it. But I guess I didn't try it
on a warm day.

Today I tried it when it was, like, 34-35F and it had NO GRIP at all!
Rats!

I was thinking it would be great for long ski-tour days when I start
at cold below freezing and end up in the sunny warm afternoon. But it
looks like NO. I mean, from what I read it might hang in there until
JUST that 34 mark. But who wants to worry about that?

I'm also noticing the remarks about the Rex Tape -- they have a warm
and cold. I wonder if that's better.

I might do a big day this weekend. It'll be icy and start at, like,
25F and end at 35F.

--JP
I have tried this and found it too hard to apply and get it perfectly straight along line of ski. Also parts of it came out a bit lumpy/clumpy. Had to cool it and cork it out some to smooth it out. I also noticed losing the grip after about 34-35 degrees F on a light new snow day in Idaho. Maybe after applying-using this product 3 or 4 times I could get a primo applic. but I don't have time to mess around. Maybe I will try the spray on waxes and clisters next.