Old October 26th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
lonerider

Default Water repellent refresh?

nicotine wrote:
Standing outside in my Burton jacket today, smoking in the rain.
Noticed that it really isn't repelling water at ALL anymore, as when I
was done, the inside of the jacket was slightly moist. :/

Does anyone have any product recommendations for refreshing the water
repellent for snowboarding coats?

In general, I used NikWax to clean and waterproof my gear. I tried
Granger last season and it worked a tiny bit better (lasted a bit
longer), but either product is going to make a huge difference on your
gear in terms of water repellancy. The direct wash-in variants are
easier to use, but the spray on works better if you are willing to
spend the extra time and care to spray down "problem" areas.