Old January 27th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Default Yean, but...

Jay Pique wrote:

On Jan 26, 4:22 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
Everybody is hustling to claim green power (including the local) but
it's all bull****. They're not building new wind farms; they're
"transferring" power from utilities that already have wind farm sources
and would sale that power into the market anyway. It's a shell game
played because of a perceived greenish patron base who will be (easily)
impressed. They have ridges with wind, they have ponds, they could build
their own wind farms and use pumped storage hydro power for calm days
and really make an impact (primarily an impact on the beauty of their
wilderness ridges, but what the hey!)

Huh. I'm not really up to speed on the business of power gen and
delivery, but maybe I should be. My company says it uses only wind
power. What does that mean? I never really thought about it. Don't
have time now, but I'll hypothesize when I get back, and then you can
start in with the flames, politics etc...
JP
We also burn our scrap for heat.

Uh, Jay, aren't you near the large wind farm on Tug Hill Plateau?
Could it be that your company really is only using wind gen power?
Unlike Okemo and others whom LAL correctly points out are simply
playing a shell game.