Old March 7th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.north-america
mm

Default Becoming a casual skier

I don't have the time nor the money to pursue skiiing as a hobby,
ntot
to emntion that I am not young ..anymore.

I visisted Tahoe in summer (loved it) and winter (the only good part
was skiiing - I took intro lesson at the time, 4 years ago and it was
fun except that the boot caused me not to finish the whole lesson
when
I was gettign good at it; that after vowing 10 years earlier to NVER
try skiing after seeing someone hurt her knee in an event in the
snow).

I now live so close to Tahoe that it'd be a bummer not to get up
there
and view the scenary.

My questions are (I am not going to rent boot because I want it to be
a perefect fit)
- how many lessons - group lesson is all I can afford - would I need
before I get good enough to feel like I am skiiing?
- how risky is it to get injured?
- are there groups (in CA) to join these events on weekends? How do I
got about it?

Of course, I want to understand about *waxing* and *shaped* and all
that.

I want pain free experience and so I know that owing a set of skiis
and a boto is a must for me. Beyond that what are the expenses
involved if I were to go to Heavenly? Remmeber that I need to become
good enough and so I am taking about the expenses to become good
enough.

If it is not feasible for me, I'd rather not get involved at all
investing in skis and boots.