Old February 6th 13, 12:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default beginner ski videos

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 14:26:34 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

On Wednesday, May 29, 2002 11:54:04 AM UTC-5, J999w wrote:
I have the original PBS series Cross Country Ski School on VHS from
back in the 80's . Excellent basic skiing instruction. Contact me
if anyone wants a copy.

John Wilke
Milwaukee

Hi John-
That is absolutely the best instructional series I have ever seen.
How would I get a copy?

Ah, it's been 10 years... Haven't heard from JW in awhile.

I may have a copy buried in a box in the garage. Also try your local
library's Interlibrary Loan dept and see if they'll go for a VHS
request. My library's site is down right now, but a direct World
Catalog search turns up several library copies around the country:
http://www.worldcat.org/search?qt=wo...try+ski+school.
If I recall the series correctly, I found Bill Koch's "if you can walk,
you can ski" approach friendly but misleading; both are valid forms
of propulsion, but there's a big difference, namely the one between
walking and boulder hopping. I like Dan Clausson's 1988 NordiCross!
VHS better. It covers classic, skating and waxing. Last time I spoke
with Dan he disowned it, probably because of the skating, which was
different at the time, but I found the classical section and the
handling of downhills worthy.

Gene