Old October 19th 14, 01:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
pigo[_2_]

Default It's Here

On Saturday, October 18, 2014 10:09:13 AM UTC-6, BrritSki wrote:

Still warm here too, but I saw some pix of snow on mountains in Hawaii -

I know this happens, but not this early....

I'm not watching the weather and patterns as closely
as I used to when I wished winter was 12 months long.
But I am hearing about an El Nino and similar weather
patterns that led to some of the mondo snow years. But
in those years I also remember large amounts of snow
in Sept. That didn't happen.

We vaca'd in the Grimaud/St. Tropez area this May/June.
You ever spend time there? Interesting. Not somewhere
I'd say we have to go again next year. Most memorable
was getting stuck in an elevator for 45 mins! Haven't
decided on a spot for next year. I'm leaning towards
Portugal/Gibralter area.