Old November 20th 03, 04:24 PM
jaycb74

Default Mammoth Crowd Question

I wouldn't fo all the way to Mammoth, just too far. You have many options
in Tahoe to avoid the weekend crowds, Kirkwood on the south shore is only a
40 minute drive and is probably the best resort in Tahoe and doesn't get
crazy. Also, check out some of the local smaller mtns..Homewood on the west
shore is my favorite mtn after a storm, powder all day! Mt. Rose and
Diamond Peak are other options that never get crowded.

One other thing to consider (I find this true all the time), if its
storming..none of the mtns. will be packed, even on a weekend, cold wet
weather seems to keep many of the families at home in front of the fire!

wrote in message
Hi everyone,

We are heading out to Tahoe in January, this is our first trip out west

and
are planning on snow boarding at Heavenly on a Friday and then getting out
of there on Saturday and Sunday. We are thinking about going down to

Mammoth
on Saturday, are the weekend crowds real bad on the weekends? We were also
thinking of sierra at Tahoe.

Thanks,
Kevin