Old February 14th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

Default Can I set my own bindings?

"jimbo" wrote in message
. ..
Well, lots of good advice. BUT, unless the "expert" you choose uses the
device that actually pops the boot out of the binding to check the release
torque, you might as well do it your self. I haven't seen any rental shop
that does anything more than set the DIN. In fact, I haven't seen any
retail stores that do anything more. I have seen only one "expert" shop
that used the device I mentioned.

Just my opinion, jimbo

I seen a few places do the binding test at others I haven't because it was
done in a room that you have no access to.
The tool goes in side the boot and has a gauge similar to a torque wrench
but when the boot pops out it hold the reading.

I believe most shops have the tool but generally it is kept out of sight.

JQ
Dancing on the edge