Old March 15th 05, 07:33 PM
Chris J.

"lonerider" wrote in message
oups.com...
Robert Stevahn wrote:
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:00:37 -0800, "Bob"
wrote:

I used to crew for a league race operation. The boarders best times

were
always way higher than the better skiers.

I wonder why the sanctioning bodies give handicaps to boarders and
telemarkers, then?

In our one league race this year (before they cancelled due to lack

of
snow), the two boarders were several seconds slower than the fastest
skiers on the GS course.

-- Robert

I think he is providing evidence supporting you claim... notice he says
best times were way "higher," which if you think about it... means
"slower" I had to re-read the post a bunch of times before getting that
myself. So yea, I personally have found that a skiier at a particular
level of ability will be faster down the slope than a comparable
snowboarder - that is just a general rule.

Skiers can get more air out of the pipe than a comparable 'boarder as well.