Old September 15th 03, 11:14 AM
Gary H

Default Is this snowboard too long for me?

"Mike T" wrote in message ...
Also, anyone know anything about the board I just bought?

That board is pretty old... if it's well used and very soft flexing it might
be fine. On the other hand if it's average to stiffer than average it's
going to punish you as a beginner.

BTW you'll need to flip one of your bindings around! One is set up regular
(left foot forward) and the other is set up goofy (right foot forward).
Unless you are Gumby in which case you can ride it just like it is

Mike T

Hey Mike,
Yeah, I know. One of the bindings is not screwed in so it rotates. Good catch
BTW.

Ok, I'm 5'8" and it seems most would go max of 160cm. 10cm is not that much
so what issues will I have if I stick with this? It's a nice board and looks
almost brand new (although it is an older model).

I've never boarded before and I don't plan on doing anything fancey (no
freestyle/tricks).

Gary
PS. Thanks everyone else who replied.