Old October 6th 09, 03:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Peter M

Default Ski Instructor Job advice

Hi John,
thanks for you input. We are trying everywhere. USA and Canada are last
resort(sic) but Andorra we are hoping for. It maybe that we have to wait for
some to drop out before we can fill their places.

"john elgy" wrote in message
Paul S wrote:

"Peter M" wrote in message

Hi maybe the board is not too active at this time of year but I hope you
can help.
My son has just got his BASI 2 and intends to use his Gap year teaching
if possible.
Any advice as to the best way or contacts for this would be appreciated.
Which countries are a no no. France I know but Austria?
Any help in pointing him in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Peter

How are his language skills? If he can't speak the local language he is
effectively limited to British based ski schools or Andorra in Europe. Of
course US or Canada are good alternatives - though visas would be needed
so time is critical - see if BUNAC have any year long working visas left.

I was in Andora last Easter and speaking to a number of English ski
instructors there I gather they had had a bad season with only a few weeks
work each. Many were quitting so there may be an oppurtunity for your son.

John