Old January 16th 06, 01:45 PM

"Sue" wrote in message
In message , Schmoe
writes

Skiing Europe, you need to dispense with your Amercian lift line manners
and
act like a NY taxi cab. It's all about attitude and aggression, that is,
if
you want to get on the lift.

I'm afraid you were getting all stressed up over nothing - you'd do better
in the lift queue game if you hire a sense of humour along with your skis,
and wriggle your way forward.
Or simply wait your turn - it makes very little difference anyway.

Also, you'd enjoy your holiday more if you could leave off whining while
you're here. If you want everything to be exactly as it is at home,
wouldn't it be simpler to stay at home?

--
Sue ]|(

Let's have a moment of silence for all those Americans who are stuck in
traffic on their way to the
gym to ride the stationary bicycle

I think this post is a bit unfair. He wasn't complaining very much or
wanted everything to be the same as in the US. He did complain about the
lift lines, and I think this is completely justified. Once you get used to
it, its not so bad, but compared with the polite and courteous US it does
come as a bit of a shock.