Old October 29th 12, 08:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bob Schwartz[_2_]

Default What happened to the Nordic Skiing Newsgroup?

On 10/29/2012 12:39 PM, Big Hitter wrote:
Last time I was on here this was a pretty decent newsgroup. I know there was a time when a lot of spam showed up and kind of ruined it. I notice a few old timers like Terje, Gary Jacobson. What happened to everyone else? I'm up to 185 pounds or about 84 kilos now so I've got some work to do if I want to get back in ski shape...

Couldn't say where the skiers have gone. Most of the cycling activity
has moved to facebook, since you have some tools there to limit
disruptive activity. Also, it's becoming more unusual to have newsgroups
included with your internet service.

If you do any cyclocross this fall let me know. Us fat old guys need
to stick together so no one has to go off the back by themselves.

Bob Schwartz