Old October 8th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
jw

Default back on the snow

Switters wrote:
On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 14:03:24 GMT, jw allegedly
wrote:

You were never mean to me...I was probably mean
to a few people once or twice, but didn't really mean
it...

There were quite a few flames... thinking back, they were quite amusing.

Yeah, but as you know they can get old, esp. when
it's non-stop. I remember alt.skate-board before it
went to pot, so to speak...hey, I do that on occasion,
too, but can keep my head screwed on straight wehn
I do...haha.

I know you from when you were briefly on alt.surfing
as well (Foon is still there, Dave Blake, T. Keener,
Surfer Bob, and a bunch of others.

Ha! Now that's a blast from the past. Talk about a volatile group, but it was
funny as hell. I've not been there for a very long time. Still surfing
though, just not so much.

Still very volitile, but way less traffic. Sort of like here,
people moved onto SurferMag BB (eh...) and other Web
forums. All those animated smilies and crap really
bugged me at first and still do a little, but I've become
inured. I think we all agree, Web forums are at best,
a necessary (?) evil in the digital communication world.

I've been spending WAY more time in the water
the last ten years or so than snowboarding, but I still
have my ol' trusty Burton A.deck (in great shape considering

I'm suprised that thing hasn't rusted away. Must be 10 years old by now!

Yeah, I take good care of my boards. In between the
A.deck
and the Santa Cruz, I was on an Burton SuperModel 162 --
great board -- and an Original Sin 152 something or other,
also pretty good. The fact that I've been on so few in between
is testament to my lack of time on the mountain. I've been
putting my $$$ into surfboards, wetsuits (need lots of them
in frigid New England in winter), and uh, beer?

At Mount Snow, I tried friend's or demo'd Morrow T-Rex (Todd
Richards pro model), K2 Dart (cheap rental, but not bad); rode
Burton Twin 52 (my own until stolen over Christmas vacation :-(;
and a couple others, I forget. Again, not pitching any one
company, I like something about all the boards I've ridden
(almost...) but I don't like to rash someone's handiwork if it
appears they've put effort into it and care.

I really, really like the Santa Cruz -- the riding (I can get big air
off natural hits, carve super fast, top-notch construction, etc. --
it's a dream board for me). They make great skate decks, too.

I'd like to get one of the new Burton's this year...as usual, sick
stuff!

Pray for snow!

-jw