Old August 23rd 05, 03:20 PM
klaus

Evaluating a new backpack primarily for hiking but also something I'll use
backcountry skiing. Bora 80 seems like plenty of room for most reasonable
scenarios, but I wonder about having the extra capacity of the 95 "just in
case." On the other hand, the 95 has a slightly higher center of gravity
because of its longer spine, and with anything in the day pack on top, I
expect I would feel that skiing. Any experience with these packs?

Go for the smaller pack. If you have a bigger pack, you'll just carry
more shi^H^Htuff which you can do without. On cold days, you can always
tie layers on the outside and still end up lighter. But then, I ski in
the Wastash where people ski with just a shovel and probe.

-klaus