Old November 26th 04, 07:00 PM
Mary Malmros

MoonMan wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:

MoonMan wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:

Walt wrote:

foot2foot wrote:

When I visit different ski areas, one of the things I like to do
is to corner an instructor, or maybe just any skier, expert or
novice, who's attention I can hold just long enough to get an
answer to the following question:

What is *the* most essential thing a skier of any level must
have, must do, be able to do, or some such as this? What is
number one for anyone who skis?

Thanks for the warning. I've got my response ready:

I'll say "The most essential skill is being able to get away from
the crazy MF's you encounter on the hill" - then I'll ski away as
fast as I can.

I'd have said oxygen.

Three minutes, three hours, three days, three weeks...

I would agree, but it's 1 week, 1 Day for me

That wasn't time until skiing, Walt! ;-)

I won't ask what it was, but mine wasn't time until skiing it was time until
snow, I'll be skiing tommorow morning. on plastic

It's nothing risque. It's a survival rule-of-thumb mnemonic: a person
can survive three minutes without oxygen, three hours without shelter in
adverse conditions, three days without water, and three weeks without
food. When in a survival situation, it helps you to prioritize what
needs you must take care of first.

(Sorry I called you Walt, BTW;-))

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.