Old May 7th 04, 04:39 AM
Shari

Default skiing with kids next winter - which resort?

Greetings,
I am doing some advance planning for next winter (mid March) and am
hoping to get some advice on which resort to stay at. We are regular
skiers in the Eastern townships - Quebec area and Laurentians. My
husband and I have been to Whistler (tore my ACL there ..) and I
skied at Lake Louise and Sunshine many years ago. Our kids are 11
(snowboarder) and 14 (skiing), and are both pretty comfortable on
expert runs. We have been told to consider Snowmass, Snowbird, and
Whistler. I personally would love to go back to Lake Louise and Banff.
Would anyone have advice on :
- how Snowbird and Snowmass compare in terms of cost, and of course
resort size, variety in skiing etc.
- how Snowbird or Snowmass compare to either Whistler or
Sunshine/Lake Louise? Will we be disappointed with Snowbird? I know
Snowmass is huge, and supposed to be beautiful, but I am guessing it
would be twice the price of any other resort and very crowded.

and finally, does anyone know about skyauction.com?? I was told I
could get some great last minute deals, but not so sure we want to go
that route.

Anyhow, any advice in general would be great appreciated !
Shari