Old March 22nd 05, 09:53 AM
Peter Clinch

Actually, they have the titles of the Alico boots backwards. The
buckle boots are the tele boots and the non-buckles are the nordic
boots. I have a pair of the tele boots and after 10+ years of use,
they still perform real nicely. And since they're leather, they're oh
so comfy.

I used to have a pair and they were beautifully made (apart from the
footbeds, which might as well have been newspaper, but they were easily
replaced). Unfortunately they just had a different shape around the
heel to my feet and skinned me, so they had to go. That was bad luck
with the particular shape of my feet rather than any fault with the boots.

Now the challenge to buying the Alico tele boots is: What ski do you
match to it. Good luck to any buyer!

If you go hut to hutting in Norway about the only folk in plastics
you'll see are foreigners like me. I use original T3s because they fit
me beautifully and never give me problems, but leather would be better
in many respects if I could be assured of the same fit. And all those
folk in leather boots don't seem to have any trouble matching them with
classic nordic touring metal edgers.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK