Old February 6th 06, 04:53 PM

snowboarder_goofy wrote:

I am planning on going on a snowboarding trip to Utah in mid-late
March. I was wondering if anyone knows of any cheap loadging/lift
ticket combo (or separate) deals from Salt lake city?

Discount tickets are readily available at most supermarkets and sporting
goods stores. Here's one example:
http://www.canyonsports.com/tickets.html

I have heard of superpass. How does it work?

You buy it from your hotel (or it's included in the package), and turn
it in at the ticket window. You get one pass per day so you can only ski
one resort per day. It's good at any of the Cottonwoods Canyon resorts,
although it's cheaper to buy tix at the discounters (exception: the
Snowbird tram).

http://www.visitsaltlake.com/ski/superpass.shtml

Can you take any cheap shuttles to the resorts from hotels in SLC?

SLC has a pretty good public transportation system, including busses
that go up LCC and BCC. If your hotel is on the bus line, you're in
business. The bus is $2 each way, or free with the superpass. Look for
hotels in Sandy or Midvale for the most convienent access.

See http://www.rideuta.com/ for details.

Note: you can take a shuttle from the airport to Park City and once
there use PC's free shuttle system to get around. BUT, PC is much more
expensive than the cottonwood canyons and once you're in PC it'll be
hard to get the discount tix.

//Walt