Old July 21st 04, 07:01 AM
og

Default Beginners Board

Bad call.

The Eldorado is a piece of junk compared to the Burton Supermodel.
The Supermodel imo is one of the best boards ever built.

(mick quigley) wrote in message om...
Thanks for your insights guys.

I've made my decision - i've passed up on the Supermodel for a couple
of reasons:

1. Longetivity - because I'm a F.B. and the board is 4+ yrs old, I'm
sure it will deteriorate markedly as I improve.

2. Reputation - if delamination is a bit of a known/common issue with
boards, then I'd prefer to get a new one with some kind of warranty

3. Opportunity - i've managed to cut a pretty reasonable deal on a
new K2 Eldorado - for about AUD$100 more than the 2nd hand Burton.
The Eldo's appear to share many attractive points with the Super, but
are a bit stiffer (and of course it's new :-)

Now all I have to do is wait for it to be delivered so I can practice
my face-plants. 8-D